Do I Need a Work Visa as a Person from Hungary to the United States?Yes, if you are from Hungary and wish to work in the United States, you will need to obtain a visa. Depending on the type of work you will be doing and the length of your stay, you may need to apply for a nonimmigrant visa, such as an H-1B visa, or an immigrant visa, such as an EB-3 visa. You should contact the United States Embassy or Consulate in Hungary to learn more about the visa application process and obtain the necessary forms.
What Types of Work Visas Can I Get as a Person from Hungary to the United States?The United States offers a variety of work visas for Hungarian citizens. This includes, but is not limited to, the H-1B specialty occupation visa, the L-1 intracompany transfer visa, the E-3 skilled worker visa, the TN NAFTA professional visa, the O-1 extraordinary ability visa, and the EB-1 extraordinary ability green card.
Do I Need a Work Visa Interview as a Person from Hungary to the United States?Yes, if you are a national of Hungary, you will need to attend a visa interview in order to obtain a U.S. work visa. The visa interview is generally conducted at the U.S. Embassy in Budapest and is an important part of the application process. During the interview, a consular officer will review your documents and ask questions about your background and qualifications for the job you are seeking in the United States.
What are the Required Documents to Work as a Person from Hungary to the United States?In order to work in the United States as a person from Hungary, you will need to obtain the following documents:
1. Valid Passport: You must have a valid passport issued by Hungary that is valid for at least six months beyond the date of your intended arrival in the United States.
2. U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa: If you plan to stay in the United States for more than 90 days, then you must obtain a nonimmigrant visa from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Hungary. The visa application process must be done in person and you will need to provide evidence of your qualification for the visa.
3. Employment Authorization Document (EAD): Once you enter the United States, you will need to apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This document allows you to legally work in the United States for a specific employer.
4. Social Security Number (SSN): In order to work in the United States, you must have a Social Security Number (SSN). You can apply for an SSN once you have been granted an EAD by USCIS.
What are the Steps to Apply for a Work Visa as a Person from Hungary to the United States?1. Determine Your Eligibility: In order to apply for a work visa, you must determine your eligibility. You must be sponsored by an employer in the United States and meet the requirements of the visa category you are applying for.
2. Obtain a Petition from Your U.S. Employer: Your employer is required to complete and submit Form I-129 with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for you. This will establish your eligibility for the type of visa you are applying for.
3. Submit an Application to the U.S. Consulate in Hungary: Once your employer has obtained the petition, you must complete and submit an application to the U.S. Consulate in Hungary. This includes providing all of the required documents, such as a valid passport, birth certificate, medical examination results, and proof of financial support.
4. Attend an Interview: Once your application is processed, you will be required to attend an interview with a consular officer at the U.S. Embassy in Hungary.
5. Receive Your Visa: Once your visa application is approved, you’ll receive your work visa and will be able to travel to the United States to begin work.
Are There Special Instructions to Work as a Person from Hungary to the United States?Yes. Persons from Hungary who plan to work in the United States must obtain a valid visa and/or work permit. Depending on the type of visa/work permit, they may be required to pass a medical examination and submit a valid passport. They may also be required to register with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security upon entering the United States and obtain a Social Security Number. A valid passport is necessary to enter the United States and will be checked at the port of entry.
What is the Work Visa Fee for a Person from Hungary to the United States?The specific cost of a work visa for a person from Hungary to the United States will depend on the type of visa being applied for. Generally, the application fee for an immigration visa (which includes work visas) is $190. Additionally, there may be additional fees depending on the type of visa being applied for, such as a nonimmigrant worker visa ($205) or an employer-sponsored immigrant visa ($345).
What is the Processing Time to Get a Work Visa as a Person from Hungary to the United States?The processing time for a work visa for a person from Hungary to the United States varies depending on the type of visa that is being applied for. Generally, the processing time for a work visa to the United States can range from 1-3 months. It is important to note that submitting an application too late may result in a longer processing time. Additionally, certain factors such as the type of job you are applying for and your nationality can also affect the processing time.
What to Do in Case of a Work Visa Denial as a Person from Hungary to the United States?If you are a person from Hungary who has been denied a US work visa, there are several steps you can take to try to obtain a work visa.
1. Determine why your visa was denied: It is important to understand why your visa was denied so that you can take steps to address any issues that may have caused it. You should review the notification of the denial and talk to your employer or attorney about what could be done to improve your chances of obtaining a visa in the future.
2. Review your application and supporting documents: Make sure that all of the information and documents you submitted with your work visa application were accurate and complete. If there were any mistakes or omissions, you may need to resubmit an updated version with corrected information.
3. Apply for a different type of visa: Depending on the type of work you are seeking to do in the US, you may want to consider applying for a different type of visa, such as an investor visa or an employment-based green card.
4. Appeal the decision: If you disagree with the decision to deny your work visa, you may be able to appeal the decision. However, it is important to understand that appeals are often difficult to win and you should consult an experienced immigration attorney before deciding to file an appeal.
5. Reapply: If it has been at least 12 months since your initial application was denied, you may be eligible to reapply for a US work visa. You will need to make sure that all of the required documents and information are included in your new application and that any issues that caused the denial have been addressed.
What are the Frequently Asked Work Visa Questions and Answers as a Person from Hungary to the United States?Questions:
1. What type of work visa do I need to work in the United States as a person from Hungary?
Answer: You will need to apply for an H-1B visa. This is a non-immigrant visa that allows individuals from Hungary to work in the US for a designated period of time.
2. How long is the H-1B visa valid for?
Answer: Generally, the H-1B visa is valid for up to three years, but can be extended for an additional three years for certain qualified individuals.
3. What are the requirements for obtaining an H-1B visa?
Answer: In order to obtain an H-1B visa, you must have a job offer from a US employer, have a relevant degree or the equivalent experience, and satisfy all other eligibility requirements.
4. Is there a maximum amount of people who can obtain an H-1B visa?
Answer: Yes, there is an annual cap of 85,000 H-1B visas that are available each year. This includes both new visas and extensions.