Do I Need a Visa to Visit from Romania to the United States?Yes, Romania is one of the countries whose citizens are required to have a visa to visit the United States. Before attempting to travel to the United States, visitors from Romania must obtain a valid visa from the U.S. Department of State.
What Types of Visas Can I Get from Romania to Visit the United States?The most common type of visa issued by Romania to visit the United States is a B-1/B-2 visa. This is a nonimmigrant visa for travel to the United States for business or pleasure. The B-1 visa allows travelers to visit the United States for up to six months and engage in activities such as business meetings, conferences, or providing services as a professional. The B-2 visa allows visitors to travel to the United States for pleasure, tourism, or medical treatment. Other types of visas issued by Romania include F-1 student visas, J-1 exchange visitor visas, and H-1B temporary worker visas.
Do I Need an Visa Interview to Visit from Romania to the United States?Yes, if you are a citizen of Romania, you will need to schedule a visa interview in order to travel to the United States. You must apply for a nonimmigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Romania. During the visa interview, a consular officer will determine whether or not you are eligible to receive a visa.
What are the Required Documents to Visit fromRomania to the United States?1. Valid Passport: A valid passport is required for all travelers entering the United States from Romania.
2. Non-immigrant Visa: Depending on the purpose of your visit, you may need to obtain a non-immigrant visa prior to traveling to the United States.
3. ESTA Authorization: Romanian citizens must obtain an ESTA authorization prior to their trip in order to be allowed to board their plane and enter the United States.
4. Proof of Financial Means: You will need to present proof that you are able to support yourself financially during your stay in the U.S.
5. Proof of Reservation: You must provide proof of a return ticket or onward journey from the United States in order to be allowed entry.
6. Proof of Accommodations: You should provide proof of accommodation such as hotel reservations and/or rental agreements for the duration of your stay.
7. Supporting Documents: Depending on the purpose of your trip, you may need additional documents such as evidence of employment, invitation letters, or other proof of your itinerary.
What are the Steps to Apply for a Visa to Visit from Romania to the United States?1. Determine which type of visa you need: Depending on the purpose of your visit and the intended length of your stay, you may need one of two types of visas. For short-term stays, you may need a B-2 tourist visa, while for longer-term stays, you will likely need a B-1 business visa.
2. Fill out the online visa application: The U.S. Department of State’s website (travel.state.gov) provides an online visa application you can fill out from anywhere in the world.
3. Gather the required documents: You will need to submit several documents as part of your visa application, including a valid passport, two passport-sized photos, proof of financial solvency and proof of Romanian citizenship.
4. Pay the fees: You will also be required to pay the visa application fee and any other fees that may be required.
5. Schedule an interview: After your application is accepted, you will be asked to schedule an in-person interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate in Romania. During this interview, a consular officer will review your documents and ask you questions about your plans in the United States.
6. Receive your visa: If everything goes well during the interview, you will receive your visa shortly after the interview.
Are There Special Instructions to Visit from Romania to the United States?Yes. In order to travel from Romania to the United States, you must have a valid U.S. visa. You will also need to complete ESTA, the Electronic System for Travel Authorization, online prior to your arrival in the U.S. You must also submit a PCR test for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of departure, as well as proof of medical insurance. If you are transiting through another country on your way to the U.S., you will need to check what requirements they may have as well.
What is the Visa Fee to Visit from Romania to the United States?The visa fee for a Romanian citizen to visit the United States is $160.
What is the Processing Time to Get a Visa to Visit from Romania to the United States?The processing time for a Romanian citizen applying for a nonimmigrant visa (B1/B2) to visit the United States is typically 10-15 days. The exact processing time varies depending on the type of visa, the applicant’s individual circumstances, and the local U.S. visa office processing times.
What to Do in Case of a Visa Denial to Visit from Romania to the United States?If you have been denied a visa to visit the United States from Romania, you should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you applied for the visa. The consular officer who handled your case may be able to provide you with information on why your application was denied and what steps you can take to improve your chances of success in the future.
You may also want to contact a lawyer with experience in U.S. immigration law for assistance in understanding the reasons for the denial and how to take corrective action. In some cases, a lawyer can help you with reapplying for a visa or provide advice on pursuing other visa options that may be available to you.
What are the Frequently Asked Visa Questions and Answers to Visit from Romania to the United States?1. What type of visa do I need to visit the United States from Romania?
You will need a B1/B2 visa to visit the United States from Romania. The B1 visa is for business and B2 visa is for tourism and visiting family.
2. How do I apply for a visa to the United States from Romania?
You must apply for your visa through the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Romania. You will need to submit a completed application form, two passport-style photos, your passport, proof of payment of the non-refundable application fee, and supporting documentation that demonstrates your purpose for travel.
3. How long does it take to process a visa application?
The processing time for a visa application varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for and your individual circumstances. In general, processing times range from 3-5 weeks.
4. What documents do I need to provide when applying for a US visa?
When submitting your application, you are required to provide: a valid passport; two passport-style photos; evidence of your purpose of travel (such as an invitation letter or confirmation of participation in an event); evidence that you have sufficient funds to cover your stay in the US; and payment of the non-refundable application fee.
5. Do I need to attend an interview when applying for a US visa from Romania?
Yes, most applicants are required to attend an in-person interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Romania when applying for a US visa. During the interview, a consular officer will review your application and ask questions about your purpose for travel and other information relevant to your application.