Emergency Contacts Tips for US Citizens Traveling to Yemen

What are the emergency contact numbers in Yemen, including police, ambulance, and fire services?

Police: 199
Ambulance: 199
Fire Service: 199

Can you provide the contact information for the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate in Yemen?

U.S. Embassy in Sana’a, Yemen

Address: Sheraton Hotel District, Haddah Street, P.O. Box 22347, Sana’a

Telephone: +(967) (1) 755-2000

Fax: +(967) (1) 303-182

Email: [email protected]

Is there a local equivalent of 911 or an emergency hotline in Yemen?

Yes, the emergency hotline in Yemen is 937.

What is the procedure for contacting local authorities in case of an emergency in Yemen?

To contact local authorities in an emergency in Yemen, you should first dial the Yemeni emergency services number at 937 or 112. This is an international emergency services number, so it will be answered whether you are in Yemen or not. Once you have made contact, explain the situation clearly and provide as much information as possible, such as your location, the type of emergency, and if possible a description of the people involved. The operator will then direct you to the proper emergency services. You may also be able to contact local police by calling 111 or 129.

Are there specific numbers or hotlines for reporting incidents such as theft, loss, or suspicious activities in Yemen?

It is difficult to find specific numbers or hotlines for reporting incidents such as theft, loss, or suspicious activities in Yemen due to the instability of the country and lack of reliable information sources about security services in Yemen. The best option for reporting incidents such as theft, loss, or suspicious activities in Yemen is to contact the nearest police station or local authorities for assistance.

How can I reach medical emergency services, and are there English-speaking medical facilities in Yemen?

To reach medical emergency services in Yemen, call the national emergency number at 937. English-speaking medical facilities in Yemen are available in larger cities such as Sana’a and Aden.

What steps should I take if I lose my passport or other important documents in Yemen?

1. Contact the nearest embassy or consulate. Many embassies and consulates have emergency services for citizens who have lost or have had their passports stolen.

2. File a police report. Filing a police report is essential if you lose your passport or other important documents in Yemen, as it will help the embassy or consulate verify your identity and process your replacement documents.

3. Apply for an emergency passport. You will need to fill out an application form for an emergency passport, provide two passport-sized photographs and applicable fees, and provide proof of identity such as a birth certificate or national ID card.

4. Follow up with the embassy or consulate to ensure your application for an emergency passport is being processed correctly.

5. Replace other important documents as soon as possible. Depending on the type of document you have lost, you may need to contact the appropriate government department or agency in order to get a new copy.

Is there a 24/7 helpline or hotline for travelers to seek assistance or information in Yemen?

Unfortunately, there is no 24/7 helpline or hotline available in Yemen specifically for travelers. However, the U.S. Embassy in Yemen does offer a 24/7 emergency contact number: +967-1-303-155. This number can be used to contact the Embassy for assistance or information.

What are the local search and rescue services, and how can they be contacted in Yemen?

The Yemeni Coast Guard is the main local search and rescue service in Yemen. They operate three Search and Rescue (SAR) centres located in Aden, Al-Hudaydah and Mukallah; these are in charge of coordinating all SAR operations at sea. The Yemeni Coast Guard can be contacted via telephone: +967 2 232 7050 or fax: +967 2 232 4489.

In case of a natural disaster, whom should I contact for information and assistance in Yemen?

In the event of a natural disaster in Yemen, you should contact the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) for information and assistance. The OCHA coordinates humanitarian response operations and seeks to improve coordination between aid workers and affected populations. You can find contact information for the OCHA here: https://www.unocha.org/contact-us/yemen.

What support services does the U.S. embassy or consulate in Yemen offer in times of crisis?

The U.S. Embassy in Sanaa, Yemen offers a variety of support services in times of crisis. These include emergency assistance to U.S. citizens affected by conflict or natural disasters, assistance with travel arrangements for U.S. citizens wishing to depart Yemen, and providing consular services such as passport and visa applications. The Embassy also provides safety and security information, including local medical facilities and contacts for assistance with evacuation or relocation in case of a crisis. In addition, the Embassy maintains a list of locally available resources for U.S. citizens including English-speaking doctors, lawyers, and other contacts for help in times of need.

Is there a local equivalent to the U.S. State Department’s Overseas Citizens Services (OCS) that I can contact in Yemen?

No, there is no local equivalent to the U.S. State Department’s Overseas Citizens Services (OCS) in Yemen. If you need assistance in Yemen, you can contact the U.S. Embassy in Sana’a or U.S. Consulate in Aden.

How can I register with the U.S. embassy or consulate for updates and assistance during my stay in Yemen?

Unfortunately, the US Embassy in Yemen is no longer operational. However, if you are an American citizen in Yemen, you can contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate for assistance. You can also register your trip with the US Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). This will allow the US Embassy or Consulate to contact you with important safety and security information during your stay in Yemen.

Are there specific contacts or resources for Americans dealing with legal issues in Yemen?

The U.S. Department of State does not have a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Yemen, and U.S. citizens in Yemen should contact the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for assistance with any legal issues. The Embassy in Riyadh can be contacted by telephone at +966 11 488-3800 or by email at [email protected]. The nearest U.S. Embassy is the U.S. Embassy in Djibouti. The Embassy in Djibouti can be contacted at +253 21 453000 or by email at [email protected] for assistance with any legal matters in Yemen.

What is the process for reporting incidents of harassment or discrimination in Yemen?

For individuals in Yemen who have experienced harassment or discrimination, it is important to report the incident in order to ensure that appropriate action is taken. Depending on the circumstances, reporting incidents of harassment or discrimination can include contacting local police or filing a formal complaint with the Ministry of Human Rights (MHR) or with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor (MSAL).

Individuals should provide as much detail as possible when filing a complaint, including the date and time the incident occurred, the location, any witnesses, and a detailed description of what happened. In addition, it is important to keep all relevant documents from the incident such as emails, text messages, or other records that may be used as evidence.

The MHR or MSAL will review the complaint and investigate as appropriate. Depending on the results of the investigation, legal action may be taken against those responsible for the harassment or discrimination.

Is there a local non-emergency police contact for situations that require police assistance but are not immediate emergencies?

Yes, most local police departments have a non-emergency line that can be called in these types of cases. You can usually find the number by searching for your local police department’s website.

How can I contact my country’s embassy or consulate if I’m in a remote or rural area of Yemen?

In order to contact your country’s embassy or consulate in Yemen, you should first try to locate the nearest Yemeni diplomatic mission which may be located in a larger city. If no Yemeni diplomatic mission is available nearby, you can contact your country’s embassy in Sana’a, Yemen. For a list of embassies and consulates in Yemen, please visit this website: http://www.yemen.visahq.com/embassy/

Are there local crisis hotlines or mental health support services available in Yemen?

Unfortunately, due to the ongoing civil conflict in Yemen there are few mental health support services available in the country. However, there are some organizations that offer virtual mental health support. The International Medical Corps (IMC) provides free virtual mental health counseling and psychosocial support for people affected by the conflict in Yemen. In addition, the Yemen Health and Social Care Project provides a free online mental health helpline with trained counselors available to provide emotional support and advice.

In case of a transportation-related emergency, whom should I contact for assistance in Yemen?

In the event of a transportation-related emergency in Yemen, you should contact the Yemeni Civil Aviation and Meteorology Authority at +967-1-379-792.

How can I quickly and efficiently communicate with emergency services if there is a language barrier in Yemen?

If you find yourself in an emergency situation in Yemen and there is a language barrier, the quickest way to communicate with emergency services is to call the International Emergency Services number (112). This number is free to call and is available in most countries. When you dial this number, an operator will answer the line and can connect you with emergency services in your local area. If you can, provide as much information as possible in the language you know, so that the operator can help you more quickly.