To check the status of a National Visa Center (NVC) case, you can use the NVC case number. The NVC case number is a unique number assigned to your case by the NVC, and it is used to track the progress of your case through the immigration process. Here are the steps to check the status of your NVC case:
- Go to the NVC website: The NVC website is located at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-the-visa-petition-is-approved/national-visa-center-preprocessing.html
- Click on the “Check Case Status” link: On the NVC website, you will find a link labeled “Check Case Status.” Click on this link to access the case status check page.
- Enter your NVC case number: On the case status check page, you will be prompted to enter your NVC case number. This is a 13-digit number that begins with the letters “WAC,” “LIN,” or “SRC.” Be sure to enter the case number correctly, as the NVC case number is case-sensitive.
- Enter your name: You will also be prompted to enter your name. Make sure to enter your name exactly as it appears on your case.
- Check the status of your case: Once you have entered your NVC case number and name, click the “Submit” button. The page will display the current status of your case, including the date that your case was received by the NVC and the date that your case was last updated.
It’s worth noting that the NVC website updates the status of your case as it progresses, it’s recommended to check the status periodically. Additionally, if your case is delayed or you have any concerns, you can contact the NVC by email or phone. You can find the contact information on the NVC’s website.
In summary, to check the status of a National Visa Center case, you need to go to the NVC website, click on the “Check Case Status” link, enter your NVC case number, your name, and check the status of your case. Remember to check the status periodically and if you have any concerns, contact the NVC.
The processing time for a case at the National Visa Center (NVC) can vary depending on a number of factors, including the type of visa being applied for and the workload of the NVC at the time the case is received. However, generally, the NVC processing time can take several months to over a year. It’s important to keep in mind that these are approximate timeframes and your case may take longer or shorter than the estimate provided. It’s always best to check the NVC website for the most up-to-date processing times.