I-905: Application for Authorization to Issue Certification for Health Care Workers

What is a Form I-905?

Form I-905 is an application for visa renewal or extension. It is used when a foreign national needs to extend their stay beyond the period of time allowed by their visa. The application must be filled out and submitted to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Who is Eligible for Form I-905?

Form I-905 is an application for permission to reapply for admission into the United States after being removed, deported, or excluded. To be eligible to file Form I-905, individuals must meet the following requirements:

• Have not been removed from the United States in the past year;
• Have not been convicted of an aggravated felony;
• Have not been subject to a final order of removal, deportation, or exclusion;
• Are not inadmissible based on terrorism-related grounds; and
• Were previously admitted to the United States for a period of at least one year.

What is the Latest Form I-905 Edition?

The latest edition of Form I-905 is the 06/14/19 edition.

What are the Required Documents for Form I-905?

The following documents are required when submitting Form I-905:

1. A valid passport
2. Proof of financial solvency (such as bank statements)
3. A valid visa
4. A completed Form G-325A, Biographic Information
5. Two passport-style photographs
6. Evidence of the purpose of the trip to the United States (such as an itinerary, an invitation letter, or supporting documents for business)
7. Evidence of any criminal convictions or arrests, if applicable
8. Evidence of any current or past immigration status
9. Documentation of any previous applications for admission to the United States
10. Payment of the applicable fee (check or money order).

How to Submit Form I-905?

without a social security number

Unfortunately, individuals without a Social Security number (SSN) cannot submit a Form I-905. According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), a valid SSN is required to submit that form. Only applicants with an SSN can submit Form I-905. If you do not have an SSN, you will need to apply for one with the Social Security Administration before submitting the form.

What are the Filing Tips for Form I-905?

1. Fill out the form fully and accurately: Make sure to fill in all the required information on the form and double-check it for accuracy.

2. Attach all relevant documents: Gather all the necessary documents, such as proof of identity, before starting your Form I-905 application.

3. Pay the filing fees: Make sure to pay the appropriate fees for your Form I-905 application.

4. Submit the form to the correct address: Ensure you are sending the completed form to the address stated on the form, not a different address.

5. Follow up: Make sure to keep a record of your receipt number and track your application online or make follow-up calls if there are any delays with your application.

Are There Special Instructions for Form I-905?

Yes, there are special instructions for Form I-905. The US Citizenship and Immigration Services website has detailed instructions on how to complete and submit the form. It is important to follow the instructions carefully as any discrepancies or errors may delay the processing of the form. Additionally, the applicant should make sure that all necessary information is filled in completely, accurately, and legibly.

What is the Form I-905 Fee?

The Form I-905 Fee is a fee that individuals must pay when requesting a new immigration benefit, such as an extension of stay or change of status. This fee is set by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and is paid to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) at the time of filing.

Can I Apply for Form I-905 Fee Waiver or Reduction?

Yes, you can apply for a Form I-905 fee waiver or reduction. To be eligible, you must demonstrate that you are unable to pay the USCIS application fees due to financial hardship. Eligibles applicants include individuals who receive certain public benefits, those with annual incomes below 150% of federal poverty guidelines, victims of human trafficking, and asylees and refugees. You must complete Form I-912 and provide supporting documents that evidence your financial situation. USCIS will review your application and make a decision based on the evidence you have provided.

What is the Form I-905 Processing Time?

The processing time for Form I-905 can vary depending on the individual situation and the form submitted. Generally, processing times can range from a few days to several weeks.

Form I-905 Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is Form I-905?
Form I-905, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, is a form used by U.S. permanent residents and conditional permanent residents to request a replacement of their Permanent Resident Card (green card).

2. Who needs to file Form I-905?
U.S. permanent residents and conditional permanent residents need to file Form I-905 if they need to replace their Permanent Resident Card (green card).

3. How do I file Form I-905?
Form I-905 must be filed online using the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at https://www.uscis.gov/i-901. Please note that you will have to have a valid credit/debit card or U.S. bank account to pay the filing fee of $455.

4. How long does it take for USCIS to process my Form I-905?
The processing time for Form I-905 varies based on the location of the USCIS office that is processing the form, but generally takes anywhere from six to eight months from the date of filing.

5. What documents do I need to send with my Form I-905?
You will need to provide evidence of your identity and evidence of your lawful permanent resident or conditional permanent resident status with your Form I-905. Examples of documents that may be used as evidence include your current Permanent Resident Card, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, or other documents issued by the U.S. government or a foreign government that prove your identity and status as a lawful permanent resident or conditional permanent resident of the United States.