What is a Form I-864EZ?
Form I-864EZ is a form used by U.S. citizens or permanent residents to sponsor certain family members for a green card. The form is used to establish that the sponsor has enough income or assets to support the family members they are sponsoring. It serves as an affidavit of support and must be filled out in order for the family member to be eligible to receive a green card.
Who is Eligible for Form I-864EZ?
Form I-864EZ is a shorter version of the Form I-864 Affidavit of Support that is used by U.S. citizens and permanent residents to sponsor an immigrant for a visa. The sponsor must meet certain financial requirements and provide proof of income with the form.
In order to be eligible to file Form I-864EZ, the sponsor must:
• Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• Have an income that meets or exceeds 125% of the current poverty guidelines for their household size
• Have sufficient assets to supplement any income shortfall
• Be at least 18 years old
• Intend to have the sponsored immigrant living in the U.S.
• Agree to accept financial responsibility for the sponsored immigrant for a period of time, usually 10 years or until they become a U.S. citizen or can be credited with 40 qualifying quarters of work (whichever comes first).
What is the Latest Form I-864EZ Edition?
The most recent edition of the Form I-864EZ is the 03/18/20 edition, which is available for download on the official USCIS website.
What are the Required Documents for Form I-864EZ?
1. Copy of U.S. citizen or permanent resident sponsor’s valid passport or other government-issued identification (e.g., driver’s license)
2. Copy of sponsor’s birth certificate
3. Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency, such as a Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, or Permanent Resident Card
4. Proof of current employment or income for the past three years, such as tax returns, pay stubs, and/or employment verification letter
5. Proof of assets/resources, such as savings/investment account statements, pay stubs, Social Security Benefits statement, and/or other documents showing ownership of assets
6. Any documents that can demonstrate that the sponsor has sufficient funds to meet the poverty guidelines for the applicable household size and state
How to Submit Form I-864EZ?
1. Collect the Necessary Documents: The first step in submitting Form I-864EZ is to gather all the necessary documents and information that you need to include in your application. This includes your passport, your green card, evidence of your income or assets, evidence of any family members you are sponsoring, and any other documents that may be required.
2. Complete the Form: Next, you will need to complete Form I-864EZ. The form includes several sections that you must fill out completely and accurately. Be sure to answer all questions and provide all the required information. If you are unsure of how to answer a question, you should refer to the instructions on the form.
3. Submit the Form: Once the form is completed, you will need to submit it to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You can submit the form either by mail or online through the USCIS website. If you are submitting by mail, make sure to include all the required documents and evidence.
4. Wait for a Response: After submitting your application, you will need to wait for a response from USCIS regarding your application status. USCIS may ask for additional information or request an interview before making a decision on your application. Generally, it takes about 4-6 months for USCIS to process Form I-864EZ applications.
What are the Filing Tips for Form I-864EZ?
1. Ensure that your Form I-864EZ is completely filled out before filing. Look out for any missing information or inaccuracies, as this can delay the process.
2. Prepare all supporting documents in advance to ensure they meet the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requirements. These documents include evidence of the intending immigrant’s identity, evidence of the petitioner’s current U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residence, and evidence of the petitioner’s income and/or assets.
3. Carefully read instructions for completing the form and double check to make sure all information is accurate before submitting.
4. Sign and date the form after it is complete and attach all supporting documents. Make sure to include a copy of all documents submitted with the form for your records.
5. Mail the completed form and supporting documents to the USCIS address listed on the form. It is recommended to send via certified mail with a return receipt requested.
6. Wait for USCIS to process the application and issue a decision on the case. It is possible to check status of Form I-864EZ online at USCIS website or by calling customer service hotline.
Are There Special Instructions for Form I-864EZ?
Yes, there are special instructions for Form I-864EZ. The form must be completed in English, and all required documents must be included. The form must be signed and dated by the intending immigrant and the U.S. sponsor, as well as witnesses if applicable, before it can be processed. If a joint sponsor is filing with the sponsor, both sponsors must sign the form. Additionally, Form I-864EZ must be filed with the same office that is processing the intending immigrants immigration application.
What is the Form I-864EZ Fee?
The Form I-864EZ Fee is a fee charged by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for processing certain immigration applications. This fee is currently set at $120 and must be paid when filing a Form I-864EZ.
Can I Apply for Form I-864EZ Fee Waiver or Reduction?
No, you cannot apply for a Form I-864EZ fee waiver or reduction. The Form I-864EZ is an Affidavit of Support used by a sponsor to demonstrate that they have the financial means to support an immigrant who is applying for U.S. permanent residence. Fee waivers or reductions are not available for this form.
What is the Form I-864EZ Processing Time?
The processing time for Form I-864EZ can vary depending on the circumstances and the workload of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Generally, it takes up to 4 months for USCIS to process the form.
Form I-864EZ Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Form I-864EZ?
Form I-864EZ is an immigration form used by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as part of the immigration process for certain sponsored immigrants. The form is used to establish that the sponsor of an immigrant has the financial ability to support the immigrant at a certain level of income.
2. Who can file Form I-864EZ?
Form I-864EZ can be filed by certain sponsors who are petitioning for a sponsored immigrant to enter the United States. Generally, only sponsors who are U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals can file this form.
3. What documents do I need to submit with Form I-864EZ?
In addition to completing Form I-864EZ, sponsors will need to submit evidence of their financial ability to support the sponsored immigrant, such as a copy of their federal income tax return or other evidence of their income, such as pay stubs or bank statements.
4. How long does it take for USCIS to process Form I-864EZ?
The processing time for Form I-864EZ varies depending on the case. Generally, it takes USCIS up to 6 months or more to process this form.
5. What happens if my Form I-864EZ is not accepted by USCIS?
If USCIS determines that the sponsor does not have the required financial ability to support the sponsored immigrant, then the form will be rejected and the sponsored immigrant will not be allowed to enter the United States.