What is a Form I-765V?
Form I-765V is an application for a replacement Employment Authorization Document (EAD) for non-US citizens who are in the United States and in the process of seeking employment authorization. The form is used when an individual has lost their original EAD card or needs to make a change to the information on their existing card. It must be submitted along with supporting documentation to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Who is Eligible for Form I-765V?
Form I-765V is only available to non-immigrants who are in the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). These individuals must be from certain countries that participate in the program, including: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Taiwan.
What is the Latest Form I-765V Edition?
The latest version of Form I-765V is the August 2020 edition.
What are the Required Documents for Form I-765V?
The required documents for Form I-765V include proof of a valid nonimmigrant status and your current passport. You will also need to provide evidence of your application for adjustment of status, a copy of your last entry document into the U.S., and a copy of your Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Other documents may include supporting documents confirming your identity and/or other documents related to your eligibility for the application.
How to Submit Form I-765V?
Form I-765V, the Application for Authorization to Issue a Refugee Travel Document, is submitted online. You can find the form and instructions on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at uscis.gov.
You will need to provide the address of your refugee status, the name and address of your refugee resettlement agency, and your Alien Registration Number (ARN). You will also need to provide a copy of your Form I-94, which provides proof of your admission or parole as a refugee.
Once you have completed the form and attached the necessary documents, click “Submit My Application” at the end of the form. You will then receive a confirmation page with an application receipt number.
What are the Filing Tips for Form I-765V?
1. Read the instructions carefully: Before filling out Form I-765V, make sure to read the instructions thoroughly to ensure that you are providing all of the necessary information in the correct fields.
2. Gather all required documents: Before filing the form, make sure that you have gathered the necessary documents and information to provide thorough and accurate answers on the form. This includes proof of your citizenship/legal status and other supporting evidence.
3. Provide accurate information: It is important to provide accurate and truthful information on Form I-765V. Any misrepresentation of facts may result in a delay or even denial of your application.
4. Sign and date the form: Make sure to sign and date the completed form before submitting it.
5. Submit your application: Submit your completed Form I-765V and all required documents to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Be sure to include any fees that are due.
Are There Special Instructions for Form I-765V?
Yes, there are special instructions for Form I-765V.
1. Fill out all required information and check the appropriate box. Form I-765V is a declaration form that is required to be completed and signed in order to receive your visa.
2. Use black ink when filling out the form and make sure that all of the information entered is accurate and current. Make sure to include any changes in address, phone number, or employment status.
3. Read all instructions carefully and answer the questions accurately. If you are unsure about any of the questions, check with an immigration attorney or other qualified immigration expert for advice.
4. Sign and date the form after all of the information has been filled out correctly.
5. Submit the completed form along with supporting documents to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or to the U.S. Embassy or consulate where you plan to apply for your visa.
What is the Form I-765V Fee?
The Form I-765V Fee is a fee for filing an Application for Employment Authorization Document (Form I-765). This fee is currently $410 and is required for applicants filing an initial, renewal, or replacement Form I-765.
Can I Apply for Form I-765V Fee Waiver or Reduction?
Yes, you can apply for a fee waiver or reduction on Form I-765V. You must submit Form I-912, Request for Fee Waiver, with your Form I-765V application in order to be considered for a fee waiver or reduction. The form is available on the USCIS website and must be completed and submitted with all required supporting documentation.
What is the Form I-765V Processing Time?
The processing time for Form I-765V varies depending on the current workload of the USCIS. Generally, it can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks to receive a response from USCIS.
Form I-765V Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Form I-765V?
Form I-765V, also known as the Application for Employment Authorization for Abused Nonimmigrants, is a form used by victims of domestic violence to apply for employment authorization in the United States. It is typically used by nonimmigrants who are victims of severe forms of trafficking in persons or domestic violence, or who are spouses or children of such victims.
2. How do I qualify for Form I-765V?
You must meet certain qualifications to be eligible to file Form I-765V. These include meeting the definition of victim of domestic violence or a victim of severe forms of trafficking in persons, being married to or the child of a victim, and having a pending application for immigration relief. Additionally, if you are filing Form I-765V based on being a victim of domestic violence, you must also have an approved I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
3. How much does it cost to file Form I-765V?
The fee for filing Form I-765V is $410. This fee must be paid in full when submitting the application and cannot be waived.
4. What documents do I need to submit with my Form I-765V application?
When submitting your Form I-765V application, you will need to include several documents. These include proof that you are a victim of domestic violence or a victim of severe forms of trafficking in persons (such as police reports or court documents), proof that you have an approved I-360 petition (if applicable), proof of your pending immigration relief application (such as copies of your Notice of Action), and any documents requested by USCIS in its instructions.
5. How long does it take for USCIS to process my Form I-765V application?
The processing time for Form I-765V applications varies depending on the current backlog and workload at USCIS. Generally, it takes between three and six months for a decision to be made on an application.