What is a Form I-526E?
Form I-526E is an application for a U.S. immigrant investor visa, also known as an EB-5 visa. In order to become a permanent resident through the EB-5 program, foreign investors must invest at least $500,000 in a U.S. business that creates or preserves at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. workers. The Form I-526E must be completed and submitted to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in order to apply for the EB-5 visa.
Who is Eligible for Form I-526E?
Form I-526E is a petition for an Immigrant Visa for Employment Based Preference Categories. It is intended for individuals who wish to apply for an immigrant visa and need to prove that they are eligible to do so. This includes those who are seeking to enter the US on an employment-based visa, such as the EB-1, EB-2, or EB-3 category. The form must be filled out and submitted to the USCIS. It must be accompanied by supporting documents and evidence of eligibility for the visa.
What is the Latest Form I-526E Edition?
The most recent edition of Form I-526 is the December 2020 version.
What are the Required Documents for Form I-526E?
The documents required for Form I-526E include:
1. Valid passport
2. Evidence of lawful admission or parole into the United States
3. Evidence of source of funds
4. Evidence of immigrant investor’s background and experience in the area of the new commercial enterprise
5. Proof of investment funds
6. Evidence of job creation
7. Business plan describing the proposed new commercial enterprise
8. Evidence of compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
9. Supporting tax documents
10. Supporting financial documents
How to Submit Form I-526E?
To submit Form I-526, you will need to complete the online form located on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website (https://www.uscis.gov/i-526). All applicants must provide the following information:
1. Personal information such as name, date of birth, current address, telephone number, and email address;
2. Employment information such as the name of your employer, the type of visa you are using, and any job history;
3. Financial information such as the source of funds for your investment and the amount;
4. Other information such as any prior failed petitions or applications for permanent residency; and
5. Supporting documentation such as copies of financial records and/or evidence of source of funds.
Once you have completed the form and submitted all required documentation, you will need to send your application to USCIS by mail or courier service. All applications must be signed and dated before they can be accepted by USCIS.
What are the Filing Tips for Form I-526E?
1. Gather all required supporting documents. Make sure you have all the necessary documents to prove that you meet the requirements of the I-526E, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc.
2. Make sure to complete the application thoroughly and accurately. If a question does not apply to you, simply write “N/A” or “Not Applicable” in the space provided.
3. Read and follow instructions carefully. Pay close attention to details, such as how to submit the form and when the application must be received by USCIS.
4. Avoid common mistakes. Check your application for errors before submitting it. Unsigned forms, incorrect fees, and incomplete applications will result in processing delays or even denials.
5. Submit your application early. File your application with USCIS at least two months before the expiration date on your current visa or status.
6. Keep copies of your application and documents. Make copies of everything you submit to USCIS in case you need to reference them in future interactions with government officials or agencies.
Are There Special Instructions for Form I-526E?
Yes, there are special instructions for Form I-526E. It is important to read the instructions carefully and follow them precisely when filing the form. The form must be completed in English and all supporting documents should be submitted in the same language. Be sure to include any additional documents requested in the instructions. If you are submitting a copy of a document, make sure it is a true and exact copy of the original. Finally, review your answers carefully before submitting the form to ensure accuracy and completeness.
What is the Form I-526E Fee?
The Form I-526E Fee is a fee paid to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) when an individual applies for an immigrant investor visa. It is generally required along with other forms and documents in order to be approved for the visa. The fee amount varies depending on the particular application and situation.
Can I Apply for Form I-526E Fee Waiver or Reduction?
Yes, you can apply for a form I-526 waiver or reduction. To apply, you must complete a Form I-912, Request for Fee Waiver or Reduction and submit it along with the Form I-526 petition. The form must include detailed information about your financial situation and how the fee waiver or reduction is justified. If approved, the fee for filing Form I-526 will be waived or reduced.
What is the Form I-526E Processing Time?
The Form I-526E Processing Time typically varies based on the specific case. Generally speaking, the processing time for this form is anywhere from 6 to 24 months.
Form I-526E Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Form I-526E?
Form I-526E is an application for the immigrant investor (EB-5) visa, which allows foreign investors to reside in the United States as a permanent resident if they invest a minimum of $500,000 in a new commercial enterprise that creates or preserves at least 10 full-time jobs for U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
2. Who is eligible to apply for Form I-526E?
You must meet all the criteria for the EB-5 visa program in order to be eligible to apply for Form I-526E. You must be an accredited investor from an eligible country who can prove an investment of at least $500,000 in a commercial enterprise that creates or preserves at least 10 full-time jobs for US citizens or permanent residents. Additionally, you must have either a minimum source of investment funds or be able to demonstrate that your investment was derived from lawful sources.
3. How long does it take to process Form I-526E?
This varies depending on the individual case and is usually influenced by the workload of the USCIS Service Center where it is filed. Generally, it takes between 6 and 12 months to receive a decision on Form I-526E.