What is a Form I-193?
Form I-193 is a form issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that allows certain foreign nationals to apply for permission to enter the United States without a visa. The form is used in cases when the applicant was previously denied entry, or when they need to make a temporary trip to the country.
Who is Eligible for Form I-193?
Form I-193 is available to any non-citizen who needs to apply for permission to re-enter the United States after being denied entry at a port of entry or after being ordered removed from the United States. The person must be able to demonstrate that they were unlawfully present in the United States for a period of less than one year. The form must be filed with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and requires a fee.
What is the Latest Form I-193 Edition?
The latest edition of Form I-193 is the 12/23/16 Edition.
What are the Required Documents for Form I-193?
1. Passport or travel document
2. Evidence of inadmissibility for a specific purpose
3. Medical examination form, if applicable
4. Receipts for any fees paid
5. Proof of payment of any applicable fines or penalties
6. Documentation of any previous applications for admission or entry into the United States
7. Evidence of family relationship, if applicable
8. Evidence of financial responsibility, such as bank statements or sponsor letters
9. Documentation regarding why you are seeking to enter the United States and the length of time for which you wish to remain
10. Any other documentation to support your claim and/or answer the questions posed by USCIS
How to Submit Form I-193?
Form I-193 is an Application for Waiver of Passport and/or Visa required to be submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
To submit Form I-193, you should follow these steps:
1. Prepare your Form I-193. Make sure you have filled out all the required information correctly.
2. Gather all the required documents needed to support your application. These include a valid passport, proof of a valid visa, and other supporting documents as required by USCIS.
3. Submit your application, along with all supporting documents, to the USCIS address listed on the form.
4. Pay the filing fee associated with your Form I-193 application. The current fee is $585 USD and must be paid in full before your application can be processed.
5. After submitting your application, you may be asked to attend an interview at a local USCIS office. You must bring all relevant documents to this interview.
6. Once all required documentation has been submitted and the interview has been completed, USCIS will review your Form I-193 application and make a decision on whether to approve or deny your application.
What are the Filing Tips for Form I-193?
1. Gather all the relevant documents and information you need to provide in order to complete the form.
2. Read and understand the instructions carefully before filling out the form.
3. Make sure to provide accurate information and double check before submitting.
4. File the form in an envelope with the address provided in the instructions.
5. Include a check or money order for the filing fee, if required.
6. Submit your application early to allow time for processing and avoid any delays.
7. Keep track of your status by checking online or calling USCIS for updates on your application.
Are There Special Instructions for Form I-193?
Yes, there are special instructions for Form I-193, which must be followed by someone with dual US-UK citizenship.
1. You must submit Form I-193 to the US Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
2. Your application must include proof of your US citizenship, such as a birth certificate, valid US passport, or certificate of naturalization.
3. If you are applying for a nonimmigrant visa, you must also submit a copy of your valid UK passport.
4. You must provide evidence that you have a legitimate reason for entering the US, such as an invitation letter from a family member or business associate.
5. You must provide evidence that you have the financial resources to support yourself while in the US, such as an employment contract or bank statement.
6. You must also provide evidence that you intend to depart the US upon completion of your stay, such as a return ticket or other proof of onward travel.
What is the Form I-193 Fee?
The Form I-193 is an Application for Waiver of Passport and/or Visa that is required by foreign travelers seeking admission to the United States. The fee for filing the Form I-193 is $585, and must be paid at the time of application.
Can I Apply for Form I-193 Fee Waiver or Reduction?
No, you cannot apply for a Form I-193 Fee Waiver or Reduction if you are not a US Citizen. This form is only available to US Citizens who need to waive or reduce the fee associated with the I-193 application.
What is the Form I-193 Processing Time?
Unfortunately, there is no definite time frame for processing Form I-193. Generally, processing times can vary depending on the USCIS Field Office where the application is filed. In some cases, it can take several months or longer to process the form. The best way to track the progress of your application is to contact the USCIS Field Office where it was filed.