I-102: Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document

What is a Form I-102?

Form I-102 is an application for a replacement or an initial Arrival/Departure Record, which is commonly referred to as a Form I-94. This form is used by foreign citizens who need to apply for a replacement or an initial Form I-94 when they are entering the United States.

Who is Eligible for Form I-102?

Form I-102 is an application for a replacement/initial nonimmigrant arrival-departure document. This form is for nonimmigrants who are in the United States and need a replacement or initial Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record. Eligibility for this form includes individuals who are in the U.S. on a nonimmigrant visa, such as: F-1 student visa, H-1B work visa, J-1 exchange visitor visa, L-1 intracompany transferee visa, or any other nonimmigrant status. This form must be filed with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

What is the Latest Form I-102 Edition?

The latest edition of Form I-102 is the 07/14/20 edition.

What are the Required Documents for Form I-102?

1. Evidence of identity (passport, driver’s license, birth certificate, etc.)
2. Evidence of alien registration or nonimmigrant status (Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record or Form I-797 Approval Notice, etc.)
3. Evidence of payment of the filing fee (a check, money order or credit card payment form)
4. Passport-style photograph
5. Evidence that you are eligible for the requested relief (such as a work authorization card or existing visa)
6. A copy of the petition that was filed on your behalf, if applicable
7. Any supporting documentation requested in the application instructions (such as evidence of marriage or relationship to a U.S. citizen)

How to Submit Form I-102?

Form I-102 is an application used to request a replacement or initial Arrival/Departure Record, also known as Form I-94.

To submit Form I-102, you will need to:

1. Gather the necessary documents. These include your most recent passport, Form I-94, evidence of identity and/or travel (such as boarding passes and tickets), and any other relevant records.

2. Complete the form online at the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website or download the PDF version of the form and mail it to the address listed on the form.

3. Pay the fee of $445 using a check or money order. Make sure the check or money order is made out to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”.

4. Once the form is completed and the fee is paid, mail it to the appropriate address listed on the form. You will receive a receipt confirming your payment after you mail it in.

5. Monitor your mailbox for a response from USCIS within 75 days of submission. If you haven’t received a response after 75 days, contact USCIS directly for further instructions.

6. Once you receive your new Form I-94, review it carefully to ensure all information is correct and up-to-date.

What are the Filing Tips for Form I-102?

1. Gather all the necessary documents before you start the filing process. This includes a copy of your passport, proof of your valid nonimmigrant status, and your Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record.

2. Make sure to fill out the form completely and accurately. Any mistakes or omissions on the form could result in delays or even denied status.

3. Submit any relevant documents along with your application to ensure your request is processed more quickly.

4. File Form I-102 with the address provided on the form. You must include all required filing fees and proof of payment with the application.

5. Follow up with USCIS regarding the status of your application after filing and submit any necessary additional information promptly and as requested.

6. Visit a local USCIS office and check in with them if you have any questions or concerns about the filing process.

Are There Special Instructions for Form I-102?

Yes, there are special instructions for Form I-102. Depending on your situation, these instructions may vary. Generally, when completing the form, you should be sure to enter your name, address and other personal information accurately. You will also need to provide evidence of your identity and your legal presence in the United States. Additionally, you should make sure to sign and date the form where indicated.

What is the Form I-102 Fee?

The Form I-102 is an application for a Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document. It is typically used by nonimmigrants who need to replace a lost or stolen Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record. The fee for filing the Form I-102 is $445.

Can I Apply for Form I-102 Fee Waiver or Reduction?

Yes, you can apply for a Form I-102 fee waiver or reduction. To do so, you must submit form I-912, Application for Fee Waiver or Reduction. This form must be accompanied by supporting documentation that shows you meet the criteria for a fee waiver or reduction.

What is the Form I-102 Processing Time?

The processing time for Form I-102 varies and is typically dependent on the applicant’s individual situation and the processing center that is reviewing the form. It can take anywhere from 2 to 8 weeks for USCIS to process a Form I-102.