What is a Form G-845?
Form G-845 is a form from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). It is used to document a person’s immigration status and to verify their identity. It requires the individual to provide basic biographical information such as name, date of birth, place of birth, etc. The form is used to perform a variety of tasks such as determining a person’s eligibility for permanent resident status or providing evidence of identity in support of an immigration application.
Who is Eligible for Form G-845?
Form G-845 is used by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to verify the identity of individuals who are applying for immigration benefits. Eligibility for Form G-845 depends on the visa category that a person is applying under. Generally, applicants who are applying for permanent residence (green cards), a family-based immigrant visa, or certain employment-based visas may be required to submit Form G-845.
What is the Latest Form G-845 Edition?
The latest edition of the Form G-845 is the October 2019 edition.
What are the Required Documents for Form G-845?
1. A completed USCIS Form G-845, Document Verification Request
2. A copy of a valid government-issued photo identification of the individual whose documents are being verified
3. Copies of the documents that need to be verified
4. Any additional evidence or documentation deemed necessary by USCIS
How to Submit Form G-845?
Step 1: Gather the required documents. You will need to have the following documents to successfully submit Form G-845:
• A copy of your valid U.S. passport or other government-issued photo identification.
• Proof of your identity, including any available birth certificates, Social Security cards, or naturalization documents.
• Proof of your current U.S. residence address, such as a utility bill or other official mail addressed to you at your current address.
Step 2: Download and complete Form G-845 from the USCIS website. You can find the form here: https://www.uscis.gov/forms/form-g-845-verification-identification-and-employment-eligibility-document. Follow the instructions carefully and provide accurate information. Make sure to sign the form after completing it.
Step 3: Submit the signed Form G-845 along with the required supporting documents to the appropriate USCIS office. The address is listed on the form itself, so make sure you send it to the correct office.
Step 4: Wait for your case to be processed and a response from USCIS. It can take up to 90 days for a response, so be patient and wait for them to get back to you.
What are the Filing Tips for Form G-845?
1. Make sure to fill out the G-845 form completely and accurately.
2. After filling out the form, print out two copies and keep a copy for your records.
3. Include any supporting documents with the G-845 form, such as proof of identity, when sending it to USCIS.
4. Ensure that you have the correct mailing address for USCIS to send your response; it is located on the back of the form.
5. Use a trackable mail service when submitting your G-845 form to USCIS, such as Priority Mail or Certified Mail, to ensure that it arrives safely.
6. Keep a copy of the receipt or tracking number and all other information related to your submission in case you need to contact USCIS for any reason.
7. Monitor the status of your form by checking your case status online or calling USCIS customer service if you have questions or concerns about your application status.
Are There Special Instructions for Form G-845?
Yes, there are special instructions for Form G-845. In order to properly complete the form, please:
1. Make sure to fill out all required information accurately and completely.
2. Be sure to provide valid proof of identity and citizenship status.
3. Include any requested documentation such as birth certificates, marriage records, or other forms of evidence.
4. Include a payment of any associated fees with the form.
5. Sign and date the form before submission.
6. Send the completed form with all required documents to the correct address as listed in the instructions for Form G-845.
What is the Form G-845 Fee?
The Form G-845 is a fee that is paid when submitting an application for a non-immigrant visa to the United States. The fee is required for all applications for a non-immigrant visa, including for tourist visas, student visas, and temporary work visas. The fee is set by the U.S. Department of State and is subject to change.
Can I Apply for Form G-845 Fee Waiver or Reduction?
No, Form G-845 is an application for documents related to immigration or naturalization. It does not offer a fee waiver or reduction. If you are looking for a fee waiver or reduction for immigration or naturalization services, you may be eligible to apply for a fee waiver or reduction through the USCIS Fee Waiver Program.
What is the Form G-845 Processing Time?
The processing time for Form G-845, Verification Request, varies depending on the complexity of the request. Generally, the processing time can range from one to four weeks from when it is received at the National Benefits Center (NBC).