What is a Form G-845 Supplement?
A Form G-845 Supplement is an additional form used by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to verify the identity of individuals who are applying for certain types of immigration benefits. The purpose of the G-845 Supplement is to allow a person to provide additional information about their identity, such as their full name, date of birth, Social Security number, and other information. This form is an important part of the immigration process and must be completed accurately in order for the applicant to be considered for the requested benefit.
Who is Eligible for Form G-845 Supplement?
Form G-845 Supplement is for individuals who are filing for a request for evidence (RFE) to prove their identity or claim for immigration benefits. To be eligible for Form G-845 Supplement, an individual must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who is either filing an immigrant petition, a naturalization application, or a request for an immigration benefit.
What is the Latest Form G-845 Supplement Edition?
The most recent edition of the Form G-845 Supplement was released in June 2020.
What are the Required Documents for Form G-845 Supplement?
1. Authorization Form (G-845)
2. Identification Document(s) – Examples of acceptable identification documents include: U.S. Driver’s License, U.S. State Identification Card, U.S. Passport, Foreign Passport with a valid US Visa, Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), Certificate of Naturalization, or a Document issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service showing legal presence in the United States
3. Proof of Relationship – Examples of acceptable proof of relationship documents include: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Adoption Papers, Court Order, or Social Security Card
4. Documentation to Establish Residency Status – Examples of acceptable documents to establish residency status include: Employment Authorization Document (EAD), Social Security Card (if issued for more than one year), or an Alien Registration Receipt Card
5. Documentation to Establish Employment Eligibility – Examples of acceptable documents to establish employment eligibility include: Social Security Card (issued for more than one year), Employment Authorization Document (EAD), or an Alien Registration Receipt Card
6. Documentation to Establish Citizenship or Immigration Status – Examples of acceptable documents to establish citizenship or immigration status include: U.S. Passport, U.S. Birth Certificate, Alien Registration Receipt Card (green card), Naturalization Certificate, or a Certificate of Citizenship
How to Submit Form G-845 Supplement?
To submit the G-845 Supplement form, you must first download it from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website. Once you have downloaded the form, you must fill it out completely and accurately with all of the supporting documentation. Once completed, you must mail or fax the form along with any supporting documents to your local USCIS field office. You may also submit the form electronically through the e-filing system by creating an account on the USCIS website.
If you need assistance filling out Form G-845 Supplement, you can contact the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 for help.
What are the Filing Tips for Form G-845 Supplement?
1. Complete the form as thoroughly and accurately as possible.
2. Be sure to enter the correct Alien Registration Number (A-Number), if applicable.
3. When completing the form, make sure to include the complete mailing address of the person filing the request.
4. Include any relevant supporting documents that may be necessary to process your request (such as copies of identification documents, birth certificates, etc.).
5. Sign and date the form in the appropriate location before submitting it.
6. Make sure to provide a valid email address so that you can receive updates about any changes to your request.
7. Submit your completed form electronically, or mail it to the appropriate USCIS Lockbox facility with the filing fee (if applicable).
Are There Special Instructions for Form G-845 Supplement?
Yes, there are special instructions for Form G-845 Supplement. Anyone who is not a US citizen should complete the form and provide detailed information regarding his/her immigration status. The form should be accompanied by supporting documentation, such as a copy of the individual’s passport, visa, and immigration documents. Additionally, the form should be signed by the applicant and sent to the appropriate USCIS address listed in the instructions.
What is the Form G-845 Supplement Fee?
The Form G-845 Supplement Fee is a fee charged by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for certain immigration services. It is used to cover the costs of storage and retrieval of records related to a person’s immigration status or their application for a visa. The fee is required for certain applications, such as applications for a green card or naturalization. The fee must be paid before the application can be accepted by USCIS.
Can I Apply for Form G-845 Supplement Fee Waiver or Reduction?
Yes, you can apply for a Form G-845 Supplement Fee Waiver or Reduction. This form is available on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website. You can submit the form with proof of financial hardship in order to receive a waiver or reduction in the fee associated with the filing of a Form G-845.
What is the Form G-845 Supplement Processing Time?
The Form G-845 Supplement processing time varies depending on the individual case and the service center. Generally, processing time can take anywhere from two to four weeks.